Dec 19, 2016
Senior Congress XIII:
MAKING SENSE OF YOUR SENSES"
Wednesday, February 1, 2017 from 8:45am - 2:30pm
(Presented by the Conejo/Las Virgenes Future Foundation)
Location: St. Maximillian Kolbe Catholic Church, 5801 Kanan Road, Westlake Village
The event will feature nine presentations on the senses as pertinent to the senior population. in addition, a number of businesses and organizations that provide services to the senior population will be available for the attendees to meet and ask questions.
- Power Your Senses: Shape Your World: Andrea Gallagher, President, Senior Concern
- Nutrition, Food, and Pleasure - How Your Senses Affect Your Choices: Carolyn Katzin, MS, CNS, Simms/Mann-UCLA Center for Integrative Oncology.
- Foster Peace and Balance With a Sense of Humor: Lindsay Leinibach, Mindful Living Coach, Centered Moment
- Hearing with Your Brain: Christine Wilson, M.S., CCC-A, Audiologist, Conejo Hearing Center
- Integrative East-West Medicine: High-Touch, Low-Tech, Model of Healthcare: Malcolm Taw, M.D., F.A.C.P., Director UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
- Find Your Sense of Balance Through Qigong: Raina Tsuda, DAOM, L.Ac, Clinical Specialist, Center for East-West Medicine, UCLA Health
- An Update on Prevailing Senior Eye Conditions: John Darin, M.D., Darin Eye Center
- Intuition, Our Essential Sixth Sense: Joyce Lombard, MA, MFC
- Laughing for Health and Well Being Makes Sense: Chantel Zimmerman, Creative Director, Art & Soul Lab
LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED
$10 PER PERSON - Seating is Limited so Reservations are Required.
Thank you to our 300 attendees and to our wonderful sponsors for making the event a big success!
Nov 4, 2016
Sep 29, 2016
Register Now for the 2nd Annual
Thousand Oaks Grant R. Brimhall Library in Thousand Oaks
Come Learn About the Future of the Conejo/Las Virgenes Region from 10 Amazing Speakers.
Limited Seating - Don't miss this exciting event!
Sep 21, 2016
Applications for the Youth Leadership Program sponsored by the Conejo/Las Virgenes Future Foundation are now being accepted. All students in grades 9-11 who attend school in the Conejo/Las Virgenes region are eligible.
Students accepted into this program will have the opportunity to develop effective leadership skills while learning more about their communities. The areas covered are: Introduction to Leadership, Local Government, Law Enforcement, Health Services, Recreation, Education, Community Services, and Business. The programs will be conducted by representatives from each of the above entities and the students will meet at the particular venue where the speaker works such as city hall, the hospital, etc. Each program will be very different and will range from tours, discussions, presentations, and more. All of the cities in the region will be participating. At the end of the program, students will be encouraged to participate in a community service project of their choosing.
The meetings will take place from 4-5:30 p.m. on the following Wednesdays: November 16, 2016, December 7, 2016, January 11, 2017, February 8, 2017, February 22, 2017, March 8, 2017, March 22, 2017, April 5, 2017, April 19, 2017 and April 26, 2017, and will be held at various nearby locations. This will make a total of 10 meetings.
Applications must be submitted by October 10, 2016 and students will be notified of their acceptance into the program by November 9, 2016. Attendance is very important. Please check your calendar to make sure that you can attend all or most of the meetings. Community Service credit will be given based on attendance. Students are responsible for their own transportation.
There is a non-refundable administrative fee of $50 per student upon acceptance. Scholarships are available based on need.
This is the eighth year of the Leadership Program, which follows twenty-five years of successful Youth Congresses sponsored by the Conejo/Las Virgenes Future Foundation. It has proven to be a very popular program, so we encourage students to apply early as there is a limit to the number that we can accommodate.
To apply click here Youth Leadership Program Application
If you have any questions, please call Karen Malatesta, Executive Director of the Foundation at (818) 880-1054 or email email@example.com.